Goodbye 2016!!!! I love New Years! I understand it’s not a holiday, but I really adore the opportunity to look back on the year that was and how it has shaped me and changed me (for better or worse).
Honestly, 2016 was a really tough year for me. I found myself in 2 work situations that were absolutely the antithesis of what I had imagined they would be. And as much as I like to present a strong front, I was crushed by the weight of having to work in those places. Physically, emotionally & mentally, I really suffered, and it wasn’t until I quit my last job that I began to see the toll that it had taken on me.
But I’m a really big believer that everything happens for a reason – even the muck we have to wade through is there to help us grow – and I know now why I had to experience the loss of self-confidence and the weight of defeat, because I can truly say that as we enter 2017, I have never felt more clear about the path that I am supposed to be taking in life and the steps I am going to be taking to achieve my goals.
Clarity, man. It’s a really freaking awesome thing!
I’ll be writing a post on my 2017 goals shortly, but if you’re dying for a sneak peek my goals include three things:
- Teach other bloggers how to create content with passion and heart [which will mean ignoring a lot of the blogging advice out there!] AND still have a crazy successful blog!
- Make traveling a priority
- Stop feeling guilty about taking care of myself & my personal needs
I can’t tell you how freaking excited I am for this ride, my friends.
Sometimes you have to hit the lowest of the low [and I was there, trust me] to become the greatest you can be.
But as tough as 2016 was for me, it also was a great year for my blog! 🙂 #silverlinings
2016 Year In Review
Let’s take a look back at the year that was. This past year I:
- Had over 350,000 views! [my most ever, which is amazing considering that I was a pretty sporadic blogger for a good chunk of the year!]
- Moved my blog to a new WordPress Theme (which makes me feel so happy every single time I open my blog!!)
- Worked with some pretty amazing brands like Walmart Great Value Organics, Duracell, Medieval Times, and Canvas Factory to give away some amazing gifts to my readers!
- Started a brand new Instagram account for my blog, which has resulted in some AMAZING relationships with other bloggers & online creators!
- Started using ConvertKit for all my email and plug-ins – this has been a total game changer for me!
- Had onesies made with my blog logo on them!
- Started making teaching videos that I posted on my YouTube channel
- Did a 2 week Potato Cleanse [that I documented if you’d like to see! I should do this again, truthfully. It was awesome!]
- Quit my steady job to blog full time and help others do the same!
- Went to a Blue Jays playoff game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, seriously, that kinda made my head spin just thinking about all of that. What a whirlwind of a year. And you know what, looking at that list made me realize that no matter what crap I had to wade through during 2016, I still accomplished more than I imagined I would.
While I wasn’t the BEST blogger in 2016, I did have some posts that did really well. So if you’re thinking about looking back on my year that was, here’s what people really liked reading:
- The Definitive Guide to Starting a Blog – if you are thinking about starting a blog but are the least bit intimidated, this is the place to start! I will hold your hand and walk you through the exact steps you need to take to start your own blog that can help you reach your goals!
- Let’s Cancel Christmas [Concerts] – You all should know I don’t mind stirring up some controversy here and there, but this one got some backs up. Regardless, I stand behind my belief that one really kick-butt concert a year is where we need to be putting our efforts!
- Best FREE Stock Photo Sites – This is changing lives, people! Seriously, once you start using stock photos, your online life will be changed!
- This Wednesday Confession – Just click on it and you’ll see why!
- 2017 Blogging Predictions – I’m kinda shocked that this cracked the top 5 posts of 2016, as I just wrote it a week ago. But I think something about AUTHENTICITY and ENGAGEMENT really spoke to other bloggers & online creators. Be you online in 2017, my friends, and I am positive you’ll reap the rewards!
So there you have it. We are closing out 2016 – a year I am very happy to close the books on! – and getting ready to absolutely crush 2017 in a way we (I!) have never done it before!
Happy New Year!
Want to learn more about starting your own blog? Visit this post and join my FREE 5 day email course where I’ll guide you in setting up your own profitable blog!
Start Your Own Blog!
This 5 day email course will help you start a money-making blog quickly.