you might need (including your purse!), sturdy, wipeable/washable and not too
expensive! (you’ll likely end up going through a
|Get a good diaper bag, big enough to fit your purse AND all the baby essentials you will be hauling:)|
your “baby bag” with a few onesies because you are guaranteed to have at least
one diaper explosion/unplanned spit up during your travels.
- Keep a travel sized package of wet wipes and diaper wipes in your
bag (the wet wipes are for messy hands, cleaning spit-up out of your hair,
etc.; the diaper wipes are self-explanitory…I
hope!)- even if you cloth diaper, a few disposable diapers are handy!
- A small, travel sized bottle of hand sanitizer stuck into the side pocket of your diaper bag for all those times you end up changing a diaper in the backseat of your car and have no where to wash your hands!
- Vaseline for those cute baby bums:)
never knew the importance of these until I had my first son, who spit up
EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. Keep a few fresh, clean burp cloths on hand at all
in a coffee or chatting with a friend will become much more difficult. Include
a few different items that your child likes such as:
- colourful, stroller-safe toys
- mum-mums or
Cherrios to munch on
- sensory books
- shatter proof mirror
- anything that jingles and is bright, colourful and fun:)
a few healthy on-the-go snacks that can STAY in your bag (no refrigeration
required) such as: protein bars (my favourite is the LaraBar- all natural,
non-GMO, vegan friendly), granola bars or an apple.
- include some travel sized deoderant, mouthwash, gum, and hair ties- anything to help you freshen up (just in case you forgot to, ahem, shower that morning!)
- lip gloss/chapstick/anything else you can apply in a pinch!
- don’t forget to throw in a magazine or something to keep you busy while you’re waiting for your baby to wake up from that inevitable car nap!
|Everything you need: all packed into zipper bags so they are ready to go at a moment’s notice!|
6. Zipper Bags/Plastic Bags- For all those times you end up changing a diaper on the park bench or
mopping up spilled milk with your burp cloths, keep a few sealable bag or old
plastic bags (from the grocery store) on hand. They make the perfect protective
carrying case for any item you may need to wash/dispose of once you get home!
no? Just make sure you keep it loaded up:)