So, I wrote out some goals in 2013.
Check them out here.
How did I do?
1) Become a Better Partner- Um, well, I asked my husband and he shrugged and said “Sure” and then fell asleep. I’ll let you decide if that’s a win…
2) Get Back to a Size 4– Nope:)
I had wanted to lose 10 more pounds in 2013 but it didn’t happen. Why? I was too busy living a really amazing, awesome life. And I overheard the most life-changing conversation (completely by accident):
Why were her preconceived notions about her WEIGHT holding her back from enjoying all that life was offering?
I’ll still work toward improved fitness and health (and yes, I still would love to lose 10 more pounds) but not at the expense of enjoying my life.
3) Allow Myself to Feel Truly Happy– See above. I’m working on it.
I have started to just say no to events/people/work that makes me feel awful. It isn’t easy and I’m not always the best at it, but I’m working on it. I like goals and I like having things to strive for, but I also like being happy!
4) Transition Our Household to a (Mostly) Chemical-Free Environment– I am making my own daily cleaning products (namely vinegar and water to spray down the countertops) and have a steam mop (chemical free) that I use on our flooring, but I am also using store brand cleaning supplies that are often not green. In April, I confessed to using Lysol again. I’m still using it.
5) Love My Boys to Bits– An attainable goal! Phew!