that’s all I have.
one month until my husband and I jet off for three nights and four kidless days in VEGAS!
to say I’m excited would be an understatement.
I haven’t exactly lost all my pre-baby weight.
I have about 5 pounds to lose before I am at my pre-William weight.
(and I know that 5 pounds doesn’t sound like A LOT, but it is the difference between feeling like you’ve squished into your clothes and feeling like your clothes fit just right)
And to be really really truthful, I have about 10 (or a tad more) pounds to lose before I am at my pre-Zachary weight. I’m not positive I’ll make it there, because my pre-Zachary body took at least 1.5 hours of exercise daily and a very low-carb diet that I was extremely strict about. But it’s a nice goal to have.
A few months ago, my husband’s family did a family photo shoot. I was about 6 months postpartum. This is what I looked like in the photos.
I bawled the first time I saw them. That doesn’t even look like me.
And, yes, I’m wearing an open jacket and posing on a bit of an angle. But still. It just doesn’t look like me.
But it was the butt kick I needed. Within 2 months of the shoot, I lost about 12 pounds. It helped that baby Will was starting to sleep through the night. And even though it isn’t the best picture, here I am two days ago, looking a lot more like my (fishy) self.
But now we have Vegas in one month. And I really want to look as good as I can. And I really want to fit into a few of my nicest dresses. And I just want to be as good as I can be.
1) LIMIT CARBS– I already know that carbs make me feel bloated and yucky. They’re fast and easy (and important for my two growing boys), but years of eating has taught me that carbs make my stomach and face puffy and leave me feeling sluggish. I will get most of my carbs from fruit, veggies and (occasionally) whole grains if I’m really needing them. I don’t have a ‘bad’ diet in all reality, but carbs are my nemesis.
2) EXERCISE– A MINIMUM of 5 days a week. I’ll be doing a combo of running on our treadmill (I broke our iPod or I’d be running outside) and Booty Camp Fitness DVDs and Tone It Up online videos (strength/cardio). Plus bench pressing my kids;)
3) SLEEP– I have been giving up sleep for work. And sometimes it is necessary, but often it is not. My body holds onto weight like nothing else when I’m tired, so sleep is my friend.
4) PORTION CONTROL– I can snack like I’m gonna run out of food. Even if the snacks are healthy, I do need to be cognizant of what I’m eating at all times.
5) CHALLENGE- I’m currently doing the 100 Burpee Challenge (google it!) with a friend. I have a little bet with my husband that I can lose more weight than he can before Vegas (he doesn’t need to lose weight at all, but he’s sweet…), and I’m going to check in on my blog once a week, at the least.
So, it’s Vegas or BUST! My realistic goal is 5 pounds lost in one month. My LOFTY goal is 8-10 pounds in one month.
Feel free to encourage me, motivate me, push me… I’ll take it all!