I actually woke up feeling great:) I thought I would be starving but in fact it was quite the opposite. I wasn’t too bloated and I felt light, not sluggish.
A few notes:
- down one pound! *I thought it would be more but again, this is for health/skin/sleep benefits and less for weight loss (although I’m hoping for that!)
- I will be keeping track of how much I spend specifically for raw/vegan food this week. It will consist mostly of veggies and fruit- so far I have spent $56.
- My kids/husband are not following my diet for these 5 days. They do eat a plethora of raw fruit and veggies however (which I obviously think is awesome!)
- This is not about deprevation. I’m supposed to eat as much fresh fruit/veg as I can. I can promise you I’m not starving myself at all! (and not counting calories either!)
- Daily recaps will be posted at night!
I spent the morning at the grocery store. Here’s my raw/vegan haul (for a total of $56):
Then I came home and made homemade Larabars, using this recipe from Oh She Glows:
– two homemade Larabars (YUM!)
-one sliced pear
-peppermint tea (2 cups, but only used one bag)
-one homemade Larabar (I need to stop but they’re good. My sons are obsessed with them too)
-half a honeydew melon
-large salad made of: romaine and red leaf lettuce, chopped peanuts (raw), chopped apple, and a cranberry dressing (cranberries and some olive oil in my magic bullet- a bit too tart for my liking so I just drizzled a smidgen for some taste).
*My salad was half eaten before I remembered to take a picture. It was MUCH larger than this!
*I’m going to a board meeting tonight, so I will likely have some more veggies after I get back. I will deserve it after resisting all the homemade treats the girls bring:(
-whole mango- I actually eat the mango skin. I know, gross, but I think it tastes good and I read once that it improves problematic skin. Not sure if it’s true but it’s worth a shot, in my opinion!
-decaf coffee (at my meeting)
AND THE VIDEO RECAP!