So, how did I do?
- I will be present and active with my kids– I think I’m doing better at this one. I am a work at home mom…who happens to have her kids at home with her every day (with the exception of preschool/babysitter 3 mornings a week). The balance is HARD…but I’m trying to work it out. A constant work in progress, I think.
- I will run a 5K– I did it. Well, I did it on my treadmill in the basement:) I ran a 5K in 37 minutes, which is brutal I’m sure. But I DID IT! I am still not sure if I will run a real 5K but I’m happy that I forced myself to actually train and complete a long run. The effort it took this non-athletic girl to run a 5K should not go unnoticed:)
- I will write and submit my writing- Done! I write short stories. I submitted two stories in 2012 for publication. One was published in an anthology (WHOOP!). The other is being “considered” by a major literary magazine.
- I will learn to forgive– Work in progress. I am still cold toward those I feel have truly wronged me. I still have trouble acting in a loving manner toward those who have (in my opinion) hurt me.
- I will put myself out there– I think I have done decently on this one. I showed pictures of my weight loss (chunky Sarah, out there for all to see!). I quit my stable teaching job and started a whole new career as an Editor. I submitted my writing (which I rarely show to others). There were times I hung back when I should have put myself out there. There are times I got too nervous and didn’t say what I truly wanted to say. But overall, I forced myself to be vulnerable and real and it often payed off in spades.
I had a great 2012. My sons are the joy of my life and are growing into beautiful kids- inside and out. I dedicated time to myself and feel healthier than I have in years. I have looked for the good when I normally would wallow in the bad. I realized a dream of being a published writer (over and over and over). I have written on my blog when it mattered to me…and produced some posts that really truly resonated with strangers the world over.