I’m going to share my favourite meal with you- protein pancakes.
I eat them for breakfast, for lunch, and for dinner. They are delicious, nutritious (but I’m not a nutritionist or a dietary professional, fyi) and easy to make. My older son (Z, who is three) loves them as well, although I often leave out the protein powder if he is going to partake.
Things you will learn from this video:
- how to make protein pancakes
- i am awful at holding a flip video camera and talking and cooking.
- will jabbers in the background almost the entire video
- i have a cold
- my kids are super cute
- we almost spill the Magic Bullet twice
- although it looks like it, there is no paid product placement for Enfamil or Teddy Grahams
Here’s the base recipe:
1/3 cup oats
4 egg whites
one scoop protein powder (vanilla or chocolate flavour)
Just like regular pancakes, feel free to add in a handful of blueberries, half a banana, or some chopped up strawberries.
Place all ingredients in your Magic Bullet or blender. Whirrrrrrrrrr it up (technical terms, people). Pour the batter into a pan (a la pancakes) and cook over medium heat until golden brown. The pancakes will not be as fluffy as regular pancakes, but they will be yummy!